Moose in the Closet



Trying to Justify a $500 Expenditure...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have fallen in love with the shift dress. Simple shape, flattering line - they hide all your Ben & Jerry sins while saying, oh-so-innocently, "What Ben & Jerry's?" My "I want this outfit" du jour is Anthropologie's cream shift ($188)...



...and French Connection's flame coat ($328).



Pair with high brown boots or red patent flats and you have one killer outfit. Good for work, going out, meeting the parents, home for the holidays - this one is perfect for just about anything but scrubbing the kitchen floor. (Let's be honest, who here ever scrubs the kitchen floor? That's what I thought.)

[Edit: (Wherein I learn the dangers of working in the same building as Anthropologie.) The above shift dress is now on sale for $99. (Wherein I learn that sizing is totally whack.) The smallest size is a 2. It's a bit roomy. Should I try to find a 0 or just go for it? If anyone has any thoughts (people who say "You have too many clothes already! Start a savings account!" will be ignored), please speak up. (To speak up, just roll your mouse over the big zero next to the title. A place to comment will pop up.)]

Labels: ,


Alter Ego

Categories

Contact

  • mooseinthekitchen(at)gmail(dot)com

In the Closet

Debtor's Prison

Favorite Shopping Sites


ATOM 0.3