Moose in the Closet



Pink Suede and Rampant Justification


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Pink suede Manolo Blahnik mary janes. Oh, the delicate heel and strap. The side cut-outs. I rue the day I discovered the high-end department store. I used to be perfectly happy with Mervyn's and Ross. Still am, in fact. One musn't underestimate the power of cheap sweatpants and cotton t-shirts. And yet. Expensive shoes draw me, even as I know that I could never justify $600 for a pair of shoes, even if I had it.


Even as I say that, the justification begins. What if they were shoes I wore for years? Wouldn't it be better to have one really fine pair of shoes than a parade of cheap ones? This justification is knocked on its ass by the fact that I would still buy the cheaper ones. Plus, I don't have that $600.


Alter Ego

Categories

Contact

  • mooseinthekitchen(at)gmail(dot)com

In the Closet

Debtor's Prison

Favorite Shopping Sites


ATOM 0.3