Moose in the Closet



Ladies Who Lunch (Don't Read this Blog)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I would now like to compose an ode to shiny dresses.

...

Fine. I'm not so good with odes. I'm better at shopping than composing verse. Though I do seem to recall a poem about bell peppers that won me much coveted praise from my senior year English teacher. Yes, I am a geek. I would like to be a shiny geek wearing this silk dress:


Or a Jackie O. geek wearing this belted jacket and plisse skirt.

What, exactly, is plisse? I assume it's a type of material, probably a type of a fancier nature than polyester, given the general price of these garments. I could just look it up, but what fun would that be? No fun at all. I prefer to make up a little story about Monsieur Plisse who invented this fabric in 1725, when his small, cabbage-shaped dog peed all over the bolts of cloth lying about his tailor shop. I am assuming that plisse really has nothing to do with canine urine.

Both from Akris.

Labels: , ,


Alter Ego

Categories

Contact

  • mooseinthekitchen(at)gmail(dot)com

In the Closet

Debtor's Prison

Favorite Shopping Sites


ATOM 0.3